Outhouse bathroom decor in a country house offers a great opportunity to create a beautiful and functional interior in the original style. This is facilitated by the presence of a sufficient area for the successful realization of your own ideas. Spacious room can accommodate in it everything that is needed for taking comfortable water treatments. It can easily accommodate a comfortable bath, necessary plumbing fixtures and appliances, showers, furniture and accessories. In addition, the bathroom in a country house has a window with a breathtaking view of the garden and flowerbeds. The proximity of nature creates favorable atmosphere, gives a sense of peace and pleasure. In this article we will consider some outhouse bathroom decorating ideas.
It would seem that it is easier to find an advertisement, invite professionals and quietly wait for the result. But the fact that the cottage is still a budget option compared to a full-fledged suburban housing. And we do not always have a desire to invest serious sums to improve the conditions.
Add to this the purchase of materials and the need to adapt to the schedule of the work team. Also, the search of good professionals takes time and certain luck.
To start, determine the amount of the limit for this event. Having familiarized with the prices on the market, we can only resort to consulting services. Or invite experts on certain types of work.
Forums of experienced builders and video support — these things help us to make the bathroom in the country with our own hands. And the dream becomes quite feasible.
What should be done before the finish of outhouse decor for bathroom?
In urban apartments the layout of the rooms is definitely an existing project and depends on the placement of communications. In the country house the owner himself determines the location and the purpose of each room.
Of course, the bathroom can be placed on the second floor, the attic, the bedroom or in the basement. But still give preference to the practical, the most convenient, and therefore less costly options.
For this aim usually select non-residential premises, the required size of the storage room, remote from the other rooms and the kitchen area.
The number of people residing in the house and the hospitality of the hosts is crucial. One bathroom in the country is enough for five households. On the other hand, if there is a small family, it is better to divide the bathroom and a toilet, and to allocate a separate room for it.
Before you start any active steps, perform the calculations regarding:
- the water consumption;
- the load on the floor structure;
- the septic size;
- the frequency of pumping sewage drains.
This will protect you from the subsequent alterations and corrections.
Considering that most buildings are wooden, experts and experienced practitioners advise to have a bath on the first floor. After all, the weight of a font filled with water is estimated at several hundreds of kilograms. Will the floor in a bathroom at the cottage withstand this load?
To avoid deformation it is required to strengthen the floor joists reducing step and increasing its cross section.
How to equip a bathroom outhouse decor at the cottage?
The interior of the bathroom in a country house is created by taking into account three important components – the comfort, aesthetics and functionality. Often it turns out that a bathroom is next to a bedroom. In another embodiment as shown in the photos the bathroom in a country house the hygiene room is located next to the home gym on the ground floor. It is convenient to arrange the bathroom between the bedrooms of children and parents, or close to the dressing room. Each option is interesting and worth taking into consideration in reference to outhouse decor for a bathroom.
An important feature of the device in the bathroom country house is its unlimited area. The spacious room allows to place in it some beautiful and functional furniture with comfortable lockers and shelves, a large bath which can be installed in the center and sanitary devices. In addition, there is an opportunity to host the shower cubicle for those cases when there is no time for taking a bath.
How to make the country outhouse bathroom decor?
The interiors of bathrooms in country houses amaze with their variety. The white furniture established in a country style gives a feeling of lightness and purity. It harmoniously fits the interior at the background of walls, upholstered wooden paneling, floor tiles and beige-colored porcelain stoneware. The wonderful appliances and air turbo massage successfully enter the outhouse themed bathroom decor. In order to revive and beautify the white interior, it is possible to use bright accents in the form of accessories and decorative items. It can be woven baskets for linen, contrast framing mirrors, curtains on the windows and colorful jars for decorative cosmetics.
For creative individuals the most attractive looks the outhouse bathroom decor set with large windows and slightly shaded foliage of the green tree through which the sun’s rays make their way. The snow-white sanitary ware can be combined with the floor, walls and ceiling made of light wood. Wide rectangular tub located near the windows makes it possible to admire the view from the window while doing water procedures.
The supporters of the modern style can use a minimalistic style in their country houses. The floor made out of dark granite tiles is harmoniously combined with light ceramic walls. Oval tub and sink look good on the dark background. Along the perimeter of the ceiling you can place the spotlights as well as the lighting elements above the mirror which will help to lighten your room.
How to decorate a bathroom in the country? 6 outhouse bathroom decorating ideas.
- The bathroom decorating outhouse theme reflects, underlines its features, and makes it even more attractive and expressive. There are many ideas to decorate a stylish bathroom, and each of them is worth trying it.
- For example, the supporters of traditional rustic style will like the primitive outhouse bathroom decor in the style of Provence. An important condition is the right choice of color palette. The warm shades of sunlight colors, warm milk, grass and azure sky are used for decorative walls, floor and ceiling. Provencal style will stain the surface of the stonework. The alternative is often a spectacular rough-rough plastering.
- The imitation of the wooden beams on the ceiling looks quite interesting. The floor that is covered with ceramic tiles is practical, but a rustic outhouse bathroom decor is more inclined to the wooden floor. The natural materials which are used when decorating the room should be coated with water resistant means. Due to this, they will serve a long time and won’t lose their qualities.
- Emphasizing the traditional values of homeowners, a classic-style decor looks luxurious. For its implementation only natural materials are used. The unusual choice for the wall cladding is natural stone. Strict forms and a few light fixtures are used as well.
- A classic bath creates a high functionality and the magnificence of the bathroom outhouse decor. It is often complemented with chrome taps and mirror shelves for toiletries. Concise outlines of furniture are softened by smooth lines of snow-white sanitary ware and oval mirrors. A bath in a classic style has got floor tiles of a dark color with a rough surface.
- The outhouse bathroom decor in nautical style would be suitable for a country house, in the garden of which there is a swimming pool. In order to decorate the walls, it is possible to use various paintings with landscapes of the seabed with an abundance of small shells, large shells, and even crabs. It would be original to use the image of the sunken ship. The decorations of the window porthole with some sand pictures and the curtains with a picture of algae and sea stars to protect against splashes of water will look impressive.